We are family-focused.
We are rights-led.
We are inclusive.
We seek to maximise impact.
We learn from success and from failure.
We support initiatives that give power, voice, and opportunity to parents, young people with lived experience of care and not-for-profit organisations to scale up effective solutions that bring children back to their families and avoid unnecessary separations.
We support organisations by:
- Investing in leadership, providing technical support to scale up what works, and developing capacity for strategic communications and advocacy
- Brokering relationships with donors and strengthening existing collaborations in Bulgaria/Europe
- Leveraging resources to scale up successful models to prevent family separations
- Connecting and building trust across organisations promoting the rights of children, women, and Roma people and communities
- Supporting advocacy, evidence-based policy making and collective action to make it a priority for children to grow up in families and communities.
The change we want to see
We want to stem the flow of children into the care system and help more parents and children access the services they need to prevent their separation. We want to be a catalyst for a movement of young people and parents with lived experience of care, empowering them to bring about change and hold the Bulgarian government, EU, and service providers accountable for investing in children and families.
To achieve our ambitions, we will focus on three strategic goals:
- Refocus public commitments on the vital importance of keeping families together
- Promote parents’ and young people’s voices to inform policies and practice and hold the government and EU accountable
- Help scale what works to prevent unnecessary family separation.
Tanya’s Dream Fund works to create the conditions for individuals and organisations to achieve a shared vision of a Bulgarian society where children grow up in families and have the support they need to thrive. Our grantees and partners – individuals with lived experience of care and organisations who work to re-assert the value of children growing up in nurturing families – are our community. Together we champion the importance of investing in families, and eliminating poverty, discrimination, and disability as reasons for family separation.
We operate with an invitation-only grant-making process. We work through our networks to find partners whose work aligns with our strategy. Occasionally, we may issue calls for proposals to explore solutions to particular issues in our strategic areas of interest.